Cedar Key Festivals, Holidays and Other Events
There's always something going on in and around Cedar Key. Many of our guests stay in Cedar Key while attending special events or festivals in surrounding towns - particularly Gainesville, FL. Staying in a vacation rental condo in Cedar Key is a great alternative to hotels! Stay in town, right on the water - walk to restaurants, shops, and evening entertainment.
View Serenity's Availability Calendar
(Please note that we update this as often as possible, but this is subject to change!)
Looking for another CedarKey rental condo?
Check to see if our other vacation rental condo Tranquility is available. Tranquility is a bit larger - a full two bedroom, two bath condo with a larger balcony and will sleep up to 6. You will love Tranquility in Cedar Key.
Events on Florida's Nature Coast...
- 49th Annual Old Florida Celebration of the Arts
- Formerly known as the Cedar Key Arts Festival, the Fine arts festival was moved to April 13 and 14, 2013! Read more about it on our festival page.
- 27th Annual Cedar Key Small Boat Meet
- The 27th Cedar Key small boat meet will be Saturday and Sunday, May 4 and 5, 2013. It is completely informal. Tides and weather are still the only organization. There are no planned events, signups, or fees. For more info on the Small Boat Meet...
- Cedar Key's Fourth of July Festival details are pending...
- It used to be held on July 4...
- Labor Day is really NOT the end of summer!
- Labor Day is a popular holiday in Cedar Key! As the official "end" of summer, you'll find more activity and excitement than usual.
- Cedar Key Pirate Fest - September 13, 14, and 15, 2013
- This new event is still in the planning stages - stay tuned for more details. It's shaping up to be a unique pirate event!
- Hidden Coast Paddling Festival: October 4-6, 2013 in Cedar Key, Florida!
- The Cedar Key Hidden Coast Paddling Festival is scheduled for October 4-6 this year and the theme is "Celebrate Wildlife in the Lower Suwannee National Wildlife Refuge". Last year's festival held in Suwannee Florida was a success and this year's festival looks to be bigger than befor
- The 44th Annual Cedar Key Seafood Festival: October 18 & 19, 2013
- Don't miss Cedar Key's major fall festival - the Cedar Key Annual Seafood Festival features awesome seafood, arts and crafts vendors, music, and an open house at the lighthouse on Seahorse Key. This is the event of the year - be there!
- A Cedar Key Christmas - 2013
- Cedar Key has lots of plans for an extended and enhanced Christmas Celebration! Don't miss it!
- Cedar Key Star Party - February 2014
- The Cedar Key Star Party is a favorite event for folks looking for truly dark skies to observe the stars. More information is available at the Cedar Key Star Party - Yahoo Group.
- University of Florida - UF Gators!
- check out the University of Florida Calendar - come enjoy Cedar Key on a Gator Football Weekend.
More Information about the Cedar Key Small Boat Meet
All shallow draft boats are welcome: canoes & kayaks, catboats & catamarans; trimarans, rowboats & sailing dinghies; scows, sharpies & sampans; punts, pirogues, prams---& pirates' yawlboats.
Over the last 25 years, weather has usually been mostly sunny, mid to upper 80s in the day, water temperature upper 70s. If it blows, even at lower tides, it's splendid for rowers & paddlers. For sailing canoes Cedar Key is sublime.
For more info: Hugh Horton, 586/215.7060, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cedar Key Small Boat Meet Photos!
- 2011 Cedar Key Small Boat Meet Photos
- 2010 Cedar Key Small Boat Meet Photos
- 2009 Cedar Key Small Boat Meet Photos
- 2008 Video of Sailing at the Cedar Key Small Boat Meet
- 2007 Cedar Key Small Boat Meet Photos
- 2005 Cedar Key Small Boat Meet
- Duckworks Magazine: Cedar Key 2007 Small Boat Gathering
- Narrative about Sailing to Cedar Key and the Small Boat Meet
Check out VisitCedarKey.com for more information about things to do in Cedar Key Florida!